Fuel for School is an exciting campaign that highlights the importance of reducing wasted food and the importance eating breakfast.
Since June 2015, as a school, Richmond Hill Primary School have been working in partnership with The Real Junk Food Project, this work has truly enriched the wellbeing of children, their families and the community of LS9.
One project, designed to remove hunger as a barrier to learning provides all 600 pupils with breakfast each morning. Children start their day in school with toast and a drink, the food provided is wasted food that would have been destined for landfill.
To further raise awareness of wasted food and the importance of healthy breakfast #fuelforschool offered to feed every primary aged child in Leeds.
10,000 children were eventually signed up to this event from schools in Leeds, Bradford, Sunderland and Doncaster.
Following on from the great success of #fuelforschool on Tuesday 8th December, The Real Junk Food Project Charitable Foundation would like to invite you to find out more about Fuel for School.
Fuel for School:
- Removes hunger as a barrier to learning and improves outcomes for children
- Enables schools to provide children and families with access to food on a Pay As You Feel basis
- Provides training for school based staff
- Highlights global food waste issues
- Educates children about healthy eating
On Monday 29th February 2016 a number of awareness workshops will outline the carefully considered and strategic primary offer.
In two hours you will:
- Get an insight to the vision and values of The Real Junk Food Project.
- Hear from schools that use wasted food to improve outcomes for children.
- Understand how Fuel for School will work in your school.
- View a scheme of work that links to the National Curriculum and highlights issues around wasted food, nutrition and cooking.
- Understand how Fuel for School can create income for your school.
- Take away an information pack and Service Level Agreement options.
Venue: Chapel FM (Old Seacroft Chapel, York Rd, Leeds LS14)
Times: 10.00 – 12.00,
1.00 – 3.00 or
4.00 – 6.00
Date: Monday 29th February 2016
Suitable Delegates: Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Governors, Parent Teacher Associations.
Please state: names of delegates, job title or role in school, school and contact number.